Summer School 2023
MD-GAS Training School
Theory and modelling of dynamics of molecules and clusters in the gas phase
Gdańsk 3rd-7th July 2023
The main aim of the MD-GAS COST Action (CA18212) is to develop a new physical and chemical toolbox to significantly advance the understanding of:
- gas phase molecular dynamics induced in interactions between molecules or clusters and photons, electrons, or heavy particles;
- its consequences for a broad range of applications in e.g. astrochemical and atmospheric sciences, and molecular radiation damage.
About the school
Registration and financial support
Tutors and program
Universidade do Algarve, Portugal
"From atoms and molecules to complex reaction systems simulations: The MreaDy approach"
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
"Automated Reaction Discovery using MD Simulations"
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
"Dynamics of ionized molecules and molecular clusters in the gas phase"
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
"Semiclassical dynamics on electronic excited states using surface hopping"
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czechia
"Highly excited and ionized states and follow-up ultrafast processes"
Aude Simon in association with Mathias Rapacioli
Université Paul Sabatier, France
"Molecular dynamics of large molecules and clusters using the DFTB method"
The school will take place at the Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics, at the main bulding of GdańskTech. Gdańsk is easily accessible by all means of transport. The most convenient way to get to the city is to fly to the Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport that is located 10 km away from the center of Gdańsk. You may also travel to Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport, or Warsaw Modlin Airport, situated about 350 km from Gdańsk, and reach your final destination by train or by bus.
How to get to Gdańsk University of Technology
- From the Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport to Gdańsk Tech you can travel by:
- Pomeranian Metropolitan Railway (in Polish PKM - Pomorska Kolej Metropolitalna) from station 'Gdańsk Port Lotniczy' to station 'Gdańsk Wrzeszcz'. Then take either Fast City Rail to station 'Gdańsk Politechnika' (direction Gdańsk Główny or Gdańsk Śródmieście, one stop) - the main building of GDAŃSK TECH is about 15 minutes walking distance from the station, or go to the tram station 'Klonowa' on Grunwaldzka Street and take tram no. 2, 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Łostowice Świętokrzyska, Nowy Port-Oliwska, Przeróbka, Chełm Witosa or Migowo) and get off at 'Politechnika' tram stop (next to Baltic Opera).
- bus no. 210 (direction: Gościnna) to 'Dworzec Główny PKP' (in the city centre), change to tram no. 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Jelitkowo, Strzyża, Zaspa or Oliwa) and get off at 'Politechnika' tram stop. Instead of travelling by trams you can take Fast City Rail from 'Gdańsk Główny' to 'Gdańsk Politechnika' station.
- bus no. 110 (direction: Wrzeszcz PKP) to 'Galeria Bałtycka', change to tram no. 2, 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Łostowice Świętokrzyska, Nowy Port -Oliwska, Przeróbka, Chełm Witosa, Siedlce) and get off at 'Politechnika' stop.
- taxi, approx. cost is 50 PLN (ca 10 €) (ask taxi driver for price before you will use service)
- Uber, approx. cost is 15 PLN (ca 4 €)
- From the main railway station 'Gdańsk Główny' to GDAŃSK TECH you can travel either by trams or by Fast City Rail (in Polish SKM). If you travel by train to 'Gdańsk Wrzeszcz' you can take a tram no. 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Nowy Port-Oliwska, Łostowice Świętokrzyska, Przeróbka, Chełm Witosa or Siedlce) from 'Klonowa' stop and get off at 'Politechnika' stop.
The tickets for trams and buses costs approx. 3 PLN (reduced fare for holders of the student ID card) and 5 PLN (full fare).
The tickets for SKM cost several PLN depending on the distance.
Accommodation and meals
- Main Page | Gdańsk University of Technology (pg.edu.pl)
- Welcome to Gdańsk Tech (YouTube)
- Politechnika Gdańska - piękna, nowoczesna i z charakterem (YouTube)
Marta Łabuda, Ewa Erdmann, Patryk Sadowski