Summer School 2023
MD-GAS Training School
Theory and modelling of dynamics of molecules and clusters in the gas phase
Gda?sk 3rd-7th July 2023
The main aim of the MD-GAS COST Action (CA18212) is to develop a new physical and chemical toolbox to significantly advance the understanding of:
- gas phase molecular dynamics induced in interactions between molecules or clusters and photons, electrons, or heavy particles;
- its consequences for a broad range of applications in e.g. astrochemical and atmospheric sciences, and molecular radiation damage.
About the school
Registration and financial support
Tutors and program
Universidade do Algarve, Portugal
"From atoms and molecules to complex reaction systems simulations: The MreaDy approach"
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
"Automated Reaction Discovery using MD Simulations"
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
"Dynamics of ionized molecules and molecular clusters in the gas phase"
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
"Excited state dynamics"
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czechia
"Highly excited and ionized states and follow-up ultrafast processes"
Université Paul Sabatier, France
"Molecular dynamics of large molecules and clusters using the DFTB method"
The school will take place at the Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics, at the main bulding of Gda?skTech. Gda?sk is easily accessible by all means of transport. The most convenient way to get to the city is to fly to the Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport that is located 10 km away from the center of Gda?sk. You may also travel to Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport, or Warsaw Modlin Airport, situated about 350 km from Gda?sk, and reach your final destination by train or by bus.
How to get to Gda?sk University of Technology
- From the Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport to Gda?sk Tech you can travel by:
- Pomeranian Metropolitan Railway (in Polish PKM - Pomorska Kolej Metropolitalna) from station 'Gda?sk Port Lotniczy' to station 'Gda?sk Wrzeszcz'. Then take either Fast City Rail to station 'Gda?sk Politechnika' (direction Gda?sk G?ówny or Gda?sk ?ródmie?cie, one stop) - the main building of GDA?SK TECH is about 15 minutes walking distance from the station, or go to the tram station 'Klonowa' on Grunwaldzka Street and take tram no. 2, 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: ?ostowice ?wi?tokrzyska, Nowy Port-Oliwska, Przeróbka, Che?m Witosa or Migowo) and get off at 'Politechnika' tram stop (next to Baltic Opera).
- bus no. 210 (direction: Go?cinna) to 'Dworzec G?ówny PKP' (in the city centre), change to tram no. 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Jelitkowo, Strzy?a, Zaspa or Oliwa) and get off at 'Politechnika' tram stop. Instead of travelling by trams you can take Fast City Rail from 'Gda?sk G?ówny' to 'Gda?sk Politechnika' station.
- bus no. 110 (direction: Wrzeszcz PKP) to 'Galeria Ba?tycka', change to tram no. 2, 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: ?ostowice ?wi?tokrzyska, Nowy Port -Oliwska, Przeróbka, Che?m Witosa, Siedlce) and get off at 'Politechnika' stop.
- taxi, approx. cost is 50 PLN (ca 10 €) (ask taxi driver for price before you will use service)
- Uber, approx. cost is 15 PLN (ca 4 €)
- From the main railway station 'Gda?sk G?ówny' to GDA?SK TECH you can travel either by trams or by Fast City Rail (in Polish SKM). If you travel by train to 'Gda?sk Wrzeszcz' you can take a tram no. 5, 6, 9, 11 or 12 (direction: Nowy Port-Oliwska, ?ostowice ?wi?tokrzyska, Przeróbka, Che?m Witosa or Siedlce) from 'Klonowa' stop and get off at 'Politechnika' stop.
The tickets for trams and buses costs approx. 2 PLN (reduced fare for holders of the student ID card) and 4 PLN (full fare).
The tickets for SKM cost several PLN depending on the distance.
Accommodation and meals
- Main Page | Gda?sk University of Technology (pg.edu.pl)
- Welcome to Gda?sk Tech (YouTube)
- Politechnika Gda?ska - pi?kna, nowoczesna i z charakterem (YouTube)
Marta ?abuda, Ewa Erdmann, Patryk Sadowski